PHOTOS

'The Lucky Star' cast shines bright in humorous tale of superstition

An ensemble performs a dance.
A king gestures to a person holding a glass.
A character holding a bottle and a glass is surrounded by members of the ensemble.
A king dances with two other characters.
A man on his knees speaks to the king.
A man with a top hat sings center stage.
The king is pictured with extravagant jewelry.
The ensemble holds out newspapers.
Two characters embrace.
The king holds another character while someone else gestures toward them.

Members of the ensemble of "The Lucky Star" are seen onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. The ensemble performed a dance sequence at a party for the King.

Connor Brereton, who plays King Ouf in IU Opera and Ballet's production of "The Lucky Star," is seen onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. The King talks to the character Patacha, who is played by Charles Vega. This opening scene of the Opera establishes King Ouf as an important character.

Dajeong Song, who plays Lazuli in IU Opera and Ballet's production of "The Lucky Star," is seen surrounded by members of the ensemble at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. In this scene, Lazuli gets rewarded for being able to protect the king.

Haley Guerra, Conor Brereton and Dajeong Song dance onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. The three perform as Laoula, King Ouf and Lazuli, respectively. After being reunited in the play, the group performed a dance.

Conor Brereton, who plays King Ouf, and Theo Harrah, who plays Siroco, are seen onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. Siroco begged for his life after the King had become convinced he was tricked.

Jon marc Olivier, who plays Hérisson, is seen at center stage of the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. Seen around him are fellow actors, Haley Guerra and Lauren Nicholls and David Le, who play Laoula, Aloés and Tapioca respectively. In the show, the group had just arrived at the castle to present Laoula to the king.

Connor Brereton, who plays King Ouf in the IU Opera and Ballet production of "The Lucky Star," is seen onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. The King is dressed in colorful jewelry to show his importance. Off-screen, the king explains to Lazuli what is going to happen for his birthday celebration.

Members of the ensemble of "The Lucky Star" are seen onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. The ensemble is seen alongside Charles Vega in his role of Patacha. In this scene, members of the ensemble hold newspapers showing the king’s name, which further establishes King Ouf's prominence.

David Le, who plays Tapioca, holds Lauren Nicholls, who plays Aloés, in the IU Opera and Ballet production of "The Lucky Star." During the performance, the couple is in love. The two share their embrace after coming up with a plan to stay together.

Conor Brereton, right, Dajeong Song, middle, and Theo Harrah, left, are seen in action onstage at the Musical Arts Center Oct. 18, 2022. In the opera, Harrah plays Siroco, the astrologer to King Ouf (Brereton). In this scene, Lazuli (Song) is shown being stopped by Siroco and the king in order to not injure himself.